An informational session about autism spectrum disorders
Conducted by an autism specialist this orientation is for parents of newly and previously diagnosed children, grandparents, caregivers, educators, therapists, psychologists, pediatricians and other medical professionals, and other interested community members.
In this FREE orientation, you will learn about:
- A brief overview of current diagnostic classifications and how they pertain to interactions with professionals
- Evaluating/choosing the most appropriate interventions for your child
- Discovering the most important component of your child's treatment team
- Considerations for the long-term "big picture" across the lifespan
- Another parent’s perspective on parenting a child with Autism, their intervention experience, and support services in our community.
These Events are FREE. Reservations are requested.
All community members are welcome.
Childcare is available with 48 hours advance notice.